Monday, September 30, 2013

Thomas Talks

 
Thomas, Lydia and I were at Nana's house one day last week helping her cook some freezer meals.  When it came time to make the meatloaf the following conversation ensued:
 
Nana: Okay Thomas, we need to measure the oatmeal to put in the meatloaf.
 
Thomas: Okay Nana, I be right back.  I go get it.
 
*runs out of the room and comes back*
 
Thomas: Okay Nana, I got it!  I measure it!
 
Nana: (Laughing) Oh honey, I don't think that's going to work, but good try!
See picture above. :)
*********
 
This morning Lydia was fussing because she was tired and apparently Thomas had had enough.
 
Thomas: Mommy, I think we need to get a new baby.  She cries too much.
 
Mommy: Thomas, all babies cry.  I don't think getting a new one is going to make much difference.
**********
 
Upon coming home from work Saturday night, Nana who had been watching the kids while Daddy was at a fundraising event told me that Thomas was still awake upstairs so I should probably go check on him.  I walked up to his room to find him sitting up in his bed.
 
Mommy: Thomas, why aren't you asleep.
 
Thomas: I want to sleep in your bed.
 
Mommy: No, you're not going to sleep in my bed.  You have to sleep in your bed.  What's wrong with your bed?
 
Thomas: I want to sleep in your bed.  It's comfy!  My bed not comfy.  I need a bigger bed.
 
Mommy: Well, you're going to get a bigger bed soon, when we can afford to buy you a new mattress.  We have a nice bed downstairs for you to use, we just have to get the mattress.
 
Thomas: And then I have a big bed like Sissy?  Okay!  But can I sleep in your comfy bed tonight?
 
Mommy: Uh, no.

1 comment:

  1. Kids say the cutest things! Good for you for jotting them down. Stopping in from Sarah's Amongst Lovely Things :)

    ReplyDelete